Respected Valuer Member,
I am contesting the elections of IOV as Hon. Joint General Secretary and as a Council Member too. My election manifesto and bio-data along with my summarized work experience details are shown below. I aspire for your vote and support in the ensuing Elections of Council, in the best interests of the IOV and its valued members across the country.
P.L.Khushu (F-10801) Mob:-9810585536
Election Manifesto. (What I aspire to do)
1. To make all the efforts to have a distinct ‘Chartered Status’ for the Institution of Valuers, through an Act of Parliament. It is unfortunate that even after almost three decades of its existence, a chartered status for the Institution of Valuers, is still a distant dream when all other concerned sister Institutions like Council of Architects, Institution of Chartered Accountants, have been able to have it long back.
2. To ensure that the Companies Bill pending in the Parliament of India accommodates the interests of the Valuers across the country favorably and adequately, when nothing tangible has been done by the present council members of the IOV so for in this regard.
3. To make all the possible efforts for arranging land within the Delhi State, through an Institutional allocation of land from Government of India, at a fair and bearable cost for the construction of a building complex for housing the Council and the office of the Institution of Valuers, in Delhi, which is presently located in one of the remotest and farthest parts of Delhi and is in a ugly condition.
4. To construct a decent and a monumental building complex for the institution of Valuers, to be named as “Valuers House”, within the financial means available, with all the modern facilities available there in, including the office spaces and the Valuers Guest House as well, for the use of the Valuer Members across the country at a nominal cost.
5. To create a Monitoring cum Grievance Redresal Cell within the Institution, to be controlled by senior most members of the Institution of Valuers, to be nominated by various state units of the Institution of Valuers. This Cell shall look after the grievances of various members throughout the country, regarding various impediments faced by them, in their professional work. This committee will also have liaison with various Government Bodies, Banking Authorities, Bankers Associations, Financial Institutions, Ministry of Finance (Government of India) and other alien bodies / forums regarding the matters of the valuation and other allied matters thereof.
6. To make the working of the council and that of the Institution of Valuers transparent and visible, through the publication of a special number, after every three months to be named as ‘Valuers Eye’, incorporating there in various types of jobs performed and results achieved, for the information of esteemed members throughout the country.
BIO-Data Cum Symmarised Work Experience.
B.Sc. Engg. (Civil), (Graduated in the year 1965).
Chartered Engineer (Institution of Engineers) India.
Fellow Institution of Engineers.
Fellow Institution of Valuers (India).
Fellow Indian Council of Arbitration.
Fellow Indian Institution of Technical Arbitrators.
Fellow Indian Association of Structural Engineers.
Member Consulting Engineers Association of India.
Member Consultancy Development Center New Delhi.
Approved Valuer (Institution of Valuers).
Associate Member Indian Institute of Insurance Surveyors & Loss Assessors. Life Member Indian Roads Congress.
Empanelled Arbitrator through Indian Council of Arbitration.
Empanelled Arbitrator through (Institution of Engineers) India.
Licenced Surveyor/Loss Assessor (IRDA).
Empanelled Valuer of Several nationalized and other banks in and around New Delhi and NCR.
Retired as a Senior Level Civil Engineer from J&K Engineering Services and working now as Chartered Consultant Civil Engineer, Techno-legal Consultant, Empanelled Arbitrator, Registered Valuer of Various Banks, Licensed Surveyor / Loss Assessor as also Project Planner etc.
Key Responsibilities Held.
· Possessing extensive and varied experience of about 40 years as a Civil Engineer in planning designing and construction of civil engineering project works of roads and building sectors.
· Possessing considerable experience of providing of technical guidelines and well versant with relevant construction specifications and design codes (Ministry of Surface Transport, IRC and Indian Standard Institution)
· Held independent charge of various divisions of Public works department of J&K state as Senior Civil Engineer.
· Total turnover of Public Funds utilized under my superintendence and executive control was of the order of about several thousand Crores.
· Handled prestigious multi-storey building projects, road development projects along with control over policy – planning, execution and subsequent maintenance of these projects.
· Remained closely in charge of supervision and funding, monitoring and policy planning of various J&K state plans, viz. master plans, five year plans related to housing and urban planning, tourism sector planning, municipal and civic related projects planning, finance commission funding plan projects and the like.
· Held the charge of Municipal cum Civic Engineer of Capital Cities and Towns. Held the charge of Senior Controlling Civil Engineer for local bodies division of Jammu province comprising of 35 civic bodies / committees.
· Held the charge of Senior controlling Civil Engineer in the department of Tourism J&K State for the tourism construction works of J&K State.
· Remained in-charge of quality control and monitoring of various sectoral development plans of J&K State.