Valuers World

Handbook On Valuation Policy and Procedures, Format.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Valuers World Forum Index -> Handbook for Real Estate Valuers
(HELP?) View previous topic :: View next topic  
suchdevs

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

while the handbook has already come into effect since more than four months now, i do not know of any bank having modified its policies / reporting format / valuation charges. thus it appears that the handbook is suggestive at best...

mohit_mehta1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: IBA Hand Book and Valuers Reply with quote

If Handbook is suggestive, why not another suggestive handbook prepared by IOV and issue it for circulation and to the banks.

suchdevs

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it indeed is a laudable suggestion - all institutes have their greenbook - which guides the members as well as provides useful information for clients seeking the services of the professionals. in absence of a regulating body fo valuers, IOV can easily take up this role. in fact i see it as a opportunity, in many ways, for IOV to establish itself as a professional organization, as well as strengthen its situation if and when a regulating body is conceived...

is anybody listening?!!! is anybody even interested in listening?!!!

just a few loudmouths taxing their vocal cords and grey matter...

tdsb

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear friends,

If the members still continue to establish themselves to be friends of the present officer bearers just out of fear and foolishness and do not want to utilize the present "Golden opportunity" of elections and opt for a "change over" it means only two things that (1) they prefer to be under the so called protection of unscrupulous selfish elements and (2) they do not have the will to elect only persons of integrity and commitment to the profession as their representatives.

This approach is definitely leading towards the natural death of the organization which the present stalwards" too"prefer so that their mistakes will also be burried alongwith. Ask for a management audit and of the accounts of the organization by an "independent" and " reliable" outside agency for each of their branches and all the skeletons will be out.

Regards,

T D Suresh Babu

suchdevs

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IBA has finally put up the handbook online in PDF format, and i have appended it here for the sake of convenience.

the best part about this version is it's small size and ease of searching text

hope it helps

Handbook on Policy.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Handbook on Policy.pdf
 Filesize:  492.15 KB
 Downloaded:  92 Time(s)

shahconsultant

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think that handbook provisions are comming to effect as some HFIs and banks have asked me for under-taking as per handbook formate (annexure-4), hope all banks and institutes will follow all guidline of handbook soon.

suchdevs

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you please be more specific as to which Banks / HFIs have started the process. also, it is important to understand to what extent they wish to adopt these guidelines

i am also made to understand that some of the banks have instructed valuers to provide the latlong data of the sites, as specified in this handbook. but as discussed elsewhere on this forum, the process requires microtuning technicallyis, which has not happened and hence there are no accruable benefits from the extra exercise, for the time being...

shahconsultant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GRUH FINANCE LTD - sub. of HDFC, also asked to submit report as per Handbook formate, sent photocopy of handbook pages. (But didn't  tell  anything about fees as per Handbook- haha!!!!)

ersenthilraj

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear All,

When will it come into force

Er S Senthi Raj

999 4949 123

suchdevs

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shri Senthi Raj ji,

the document final draft has been prepared by IBA and as stated in the preface:

...It is hoped that all the Banks and HFIs in India would adopt this document in their respective Boards at an early date and initiate the implementation steps in order to move towards a streamlined regime of real estate valuation in India

thus the onus of now adopting the document is upto each individual bank.

best regards, nilesh

tdsb

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear friends,

It is claimed by IOV that this is their best achievement and most of us do not want a change in the constituents of IOV and the present constituents do not allow a change as well.

There is no scope for any hope!!!!! Let IOV office bearers go on exchange gold medals between themselves on the day conducting every seminar at the cost of the members and let us clap our hands for their victory and be happy with the food supplied during these seminars!

Regards,

T D Suresh Babu

Value Add Consultant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Handbook for Real Estate Valuers Reply with quote

[quote="tdsb"]

Dear friends,

It is claimed by IOV that this is their best achievement and most of us do not want a change in the constituents of IOV and the present constituents do not allow a change as well.

There is no scope for any hope!!!!! Let IOV office bearers go on exchange gold medals between themselves on the day conducting every seminar at the cost of the members and let us clap our hands for their victory and be happy with the food supplied during these seminars!

Regards,

T D Suresh Babu

[/quote]

Dear Valuers/Readers,

where are you all ? No comments in favor or against above statement ? Some of the active members who get annoyed if some one criticize and immediately post MSG. are not reading above discussion ?

what are they doing ? why not giving their suggestions / guidance ?

where is the IOV office bearers ? They should respond to adverse comments is not that required ?

anildhope

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Valuers,

Valuer Kedar Chikodi (email: kedarchikodi@yahoo.com, cell no +918080281907) from Mumbai send this info, that you can get the IBA hand book (S no 60, Price Rs 125) directly from the following address:

Indian Bank's Association

Stadium house no 2

6th floor

Veer Nariman road, opposite Churchgate railway station

Mumbai 400020

It will be nice if someone from Mumbai gets the IBA book & write  about it.

www.iba.org.in/Books_price.asp

Indian Banks' Association

World Trade Centre, 6th Floor

Centre 1 Building,

World Trade Centre Complex,

Cuff Parade,

Mumbai - 400 005

Email:
webmaster@iba.org.in

Tel.:91-22- 22174040, Fax:91-22-22184222

Web :
www.iba.org.in

Value Add Consultant

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:13 pm    Post subject: GRUH Finance Reply with quote

shahconsultant wrote:

GRUH FINANCE LTD - sub. of HDFC, also asked to submit report as per Handbook formate, sent photocopy of handbook pages. (But didn't  tell  anything about fees as per Handbook- haha!!!!)

Sir, Thanks for the Joke. However I did not get smile rather got cry it is tragedy and no GRUH finance empaneled Valuer neither ever complained to GRUH Finance in writing and copied to their professional association nor complained to association for such act of a particular housing finance company. Would you please help me by doing so ? If you mark copy to me, I will follow up matter with respective person i.e. if it is IOV Mr.Bhagat if it is PVAI than Mr.Joglekar, If CVSRT than Mr.Budhabatti etc. and If it is GRUH Finance with Mr.Sudip Choksi Managing Director. Please do needful to bring uniformity & standardisation in profession across the county. It is in our own benefit and nations benefit. Thanking You, Yours Truly, Mohit Mehta

shahconsultant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Value add consultants,

Thanks for your discussion. You are quite write as My 'Haha!!' was just opposite to 'Harsh ke Aasu' as 'Joke of Valuer's cry'.  Even though crying through forums, journals goes in vain as our top officers of Institutions don’t seems to be looking after this matter or I have a doubt for their approach to top banking management or government. I have not seen any solid work carried out by them regarding government or bank policies. Why they are not taking any action on their own ? don’t they know what is going on in our world of valuers? I think they should know all and act fast as are sitting on top.  Also should report us immediately what is the progress in different matters favoring valuers. and as every body can't fight for every thing and thats why is institution.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Valuers World Forum Index -> Handbook for Real Estate Valuers Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: