Valuers World

Registration in Institute of Valuers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Valuers World Forum Index -> Questions & Answers
(HELP?) View previous topic :: View next topic  
c.raval

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:21 pm    Post subject: Registration in Institute of Valuers Reply with quote

Dear All,

I am a registered approved valuer in Institutuion of Valuers, Pune in June 2009, When i am applying for the empanelment of the valuers the bank policy says that R U registered with Institue of Valuers?

So guide me for what can i do? I am elligble for the empanelment or not?

Chirag Raval

hitesh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Institution of Valuers, Delhi & Indian Institution of Valuers, Pune are two different bodies, the bankers recognize the membership of the former, as it is the oldest & most active association of valuers having more than 25,000 members & every month they publish Indian Valuer magazine. The later one does not engage in any activity, and is only taking advantage of a similar sounding name and does not have credibility. IIV, Pune is collecting fee & giving certificates only. None of the reputed member is the office bearer of the association. It is run by a single person for his benefit.

djagan1949

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:41 am    Post subject: Registration in Institute of Valuers Reply with quote

hitesh ji ,

In consumer goods manufacture only I have seen look alike products with logo . For example

Made in USA will be expanded  when there is a complaint as            Ullas nagar Sindhi Association product .

Few products will carry Made as Japan to create an illussion to be read as Made in Japan

But how a Institution like banks can promote such an establishment

djagan1949

jabirchoksi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:41 am    Post subject: credibility Reply with quote

""Institution of Valuers, Delhi & Indian Institution of Valuers, Pune are two different bodies, the bankers recognize the membership of the former, as it is the oldest & most active association of valuers having more than 25,000 members & every month they publish Indian Valuer magazine. The later one does not engage in any activity, and is only taking advantage of a similar sounding name and does not have credibility. IIV, Pune is collecting fee & giving certificates only. None of the reputed member is the office bearer of the association. It is run by a single person for his benefit.""

If So why banks and goverment authorities promot such organisation ? is registration in IIV, India ,Pune as approved valluer is considered valid or not?

vimalraam

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: credibility Reply with quote

Sir, i have the same doubt,

in Hand book for real estate valuers, first draft, they mentioned in iiv, pune also in the list. but in the revised draft they delisted from the list. this shows the negative aspect for iiv,pune. 

jabirchoksi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: credibility Reply with quote

[quote="vimalraam"]

Does it mean that one should not register his/her name in IIV ,Pune .? Or registering in IIV pune is not worthful enough?

vimalraam

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: credibility Reply with quote

Sir,

At present, there is no clear idea about iiv, pune.  

If any positive things about iiv, please guide.

it will help the iiv members.

vimalraam

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:19 pm    Post subject: eligibility to sign in green ink Reply with quote

Sir,

most of valuers put their signature in Green ink, Some few valuers only in Blue ink.

i wish to know, what is the eligibility for a valuer,   for signing with Green ink ?

Thank you.

djagan1949

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: eligibility to sign in green ink Reply with quote

vimalraam ji,

Gazetted Officers use Green Ink. I think valuers can use black or blue water proof inks.

Regards

djagan1949

tspandiyan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we can sign in any colour except red which is normally used by the persons dealing with finance.

Bye

T S PANDIYAN

jabirchoksi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have seen some valuers signing with green ink pen

vimalraam

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="jabirchoksi"]

i have seen some valuers signing with green ink pen

[/quote]

yes, sir, many of senior valuers signing with green ink pen. but i don't know ,whether it  is correct.

(Or) govt approved valuer (I.T valuer) or Chartered engineer can sign or has the eligiblity to do with Green pen?

badamsundararao

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:16 pm    Post subject: SIGNING WITH GREEN INK Reply with quote

DEAR FRIEND

IN INDIA GENERALLY GREEN INK WILL BE USED BY GAZITTED OFFICERS ONLY, THOUGH THERE IS NO SPECIFIC RULE. ANY BODY CAN USE IT, BUT I PERSONALLY FEEL IT AS A FALSE PREISTAGE  .

BADAM SUNDARA RAO.

jabirchoksi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with Er.Badamsunderrao.Green Ink is usealy used bygazzted officers but in practice there is no rule who can use it ? i have seen many valiers using green ink . i don;'t know whether it is advisable or not

suchdevs

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in absence of a specific rule for any color, every individual is free to sign with any color of his choice.

but some criteria that i consider important while deciding the color for signing, are:

1. whether or not i want my signature to come easily or not in photocopies (black and blue will come in most readily, while others will be greyed out to certain or larger extent, depending on the color and tone)
  2. whether i wish to use my signature as a clear identification. if yes, use a distinct color.
  3. whether i wish there to be deterrants to my signature being copied on the fly. if use, use a distinct color.
  4. personal preference of colors, and the image that you wish your signature to carry.

in this digital era, copying reports / signatures is a joke. there was a nice discussion elsewhere also on this forum on the subject, which i would like to encourage you to refer. adopt watermarked / embossed paper / holograms. use distinct pen. watermark your images. and inform the FIs (in writing, on a regular basis) that these are the standard procedures adopted by you, to safeguard yourself against being held responsible for counterfeits.

trust that helps.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Valuers World Forum Index -> Questions & Answers
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: