Valuers World

Elections of IOV- This year
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Valuers World Forum Index -> Election of Institution of Valuers
(HELP?) View previous topic :: View next topic  
pl_khushu

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Elections of IOV- This year Reply with quote

Dear Sir,

Free and fair elections can take place when the term of the office bearers of IOV is restricted to a certain period of time like say two terms in a go as against the unlimited time period as is prevalent presently. Then the dynastic system of getting the members in the IOC Council  is another malady which is now creeping in like a precedence  in the IOV Council. This is going to destroy the basic fabric of democratic culture of the IOV Council which is otherwise suspicious and not healthy.

We may have to treat all these maladies to make it really a workable forum worth the name. .

Thanks and regards,

P.L.Khushu

tdsb

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Shri.P.L.Khushu,

I fully agree with you. It is very very high time that maximum number of members  join with us to eradicate the drawbacks in the system in their own interest or as I affirm the organization is heading towards its natural death.

It is left to our members to decide and act upon immediately.

Regards,

T D Suresh Babu

pl_khushu

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: IOV Elections Reply with quote

Respected Sh.T D Suresh Babu

I am happy that you have appreciated my views about the elections of the IOV, which are going to be held very soon. My aim is not to hurt any body in this regard nor have I any urge and temptation to replace any body in the present set up of IOV. But one gets hurt and dismayed when the perfomance of the IOV Council is seen and observed, as is evident from the fact that nothing tangible has been done in regard to the introduction of the Companies Bill in the Parliament by the functionaries of IOV so for,  when this Bill is  almost a death warrent for all of us as valuers. Then  it is surprising to note that the IOV in the present form is the only body  in the country or even in the whole world, where there is no bar or moritorium  of time limit for various persons to contest the elections or remain in their respective posts as office bearers or  as council members and can remain there as office bearers or as council members for decades with out opting out after a specific period of time as is applicable to other institutional bodies of the country. Even RWA'S have limitations of time as members or as office bearers, but the only body which is above law is IOV. It is surprising and humiliating and it is because of this dreconian proposition tha the present IOV office bearers are there in their respective seats for more than ten years and even some of them are their as whole life members and are now in the look out to hand over the charge of IOV to their heir apparents. Is'nt it disgusting and some times surprising if seen with proper  investigative  open eye,  that it may breed self interest and some times self motives behind such an attempt. I am making all these observations with out any prejudice to my conduct as an obidient and a disciplined  member of IOV. So the only immediate option to make the IOV  council free from any undue influence is to fix the tenure of the office bearers  of IOV and its council members, as is operational in the other bigger sister organistions like the Institution of Engineers and the like. It is not that we should be honest ,but we must  appear  as  honest.  That is the axiom of law.I wish that IOV sees that day and opportunity.

With Regards,

Yours sincerely,

P.L.Khushu

bishnujee

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Shri.P.L.Khushu & Shri.T d Suresh Babu,

I would like to see learned valuers and people like you in IOV leadership in time to come.It would be great misfortune for Valuers Society if   people like you are not elected  in  IOV Council in years to come.There are number of Valuer members I have seen here who should be adding  great value to IOV council if they are nominated and elected in council.

No country or Society is good or bad,it is people who are running it ,make it look good or bad.

Its very important that IOV council have people like Shri. T D Suresh Babu,Shri P L Khushu,Shri Mohit Mehta etc learned members who would be adding value to the IOV council.I have always stressed that people running such council should be aware what there responsibilities involve and whether they have time and knowledge of what they are leading.Any Society which cannot use talented members like them would never be able to grow and survive.

Hopefully all learned members would take active steps in nominating right members to IOV council and leadership.This is very important for the growth and survival of IOV.

Best regards

EUR ING Bishnujee Singh  ,P.E FIEAust FIMechE
Fellow Engineers Australia
Fellow Institution of Mechanical Engineers (UK)
Fellow Institute of Leadership & Management FInstLM
Fellow Chartered Management Institute FCMI (UK)
Fellow Institution of Valuers
Chartered Professional Engineer (Australia)
Chartered Engineer (EC-UK)
Chartered Mathematician (IMA-UK)
Chartered Scientist (SC-UK)
Chartered Physicist (IOP-UK)
APEC Engineer,Int.P.E (Australia), Int PE(UK)
Associate Fellow CASI(Canada)
APPROVED VALUER
Fellow RAS(UK),MInstPhys
MSc(UK),BAe,MRAeS(UK)
MAeSI (India),MAOPA(Pilot)
CAYLEY AEROSPACE INC
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
18830,38th Ave W
Lynnwood,WA,98037
USA
Tel:4252330440
Tel:2012527643
Fax:646-219-1010
Fax:702-995-1881
Email:bishnujee.singh@cayleyaerospace.com

tdsb

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for the faith and confidence you have on us.

Regards,

T D Suresh Babu

pl_khushu

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Respected Bishnu Ji Reply with quote

Dear Sir,

I am highly thankful for your valuable applause for both of us. I  am obliged.

With Regards,

Yours sincerely,

P.L.Khushu

tdsb

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Bishnujee and friends,

Page No.1289 of Indian Valuer October 2012 issue gives the list  of office bearers and council members who may finally  contest in the election 2013-15.

Except Mr. P.L. KHUSHU & Mr. Atul Goel most of them are old faces and nothing is going to change in the constituents and/or its functioning.I wish them!

I sincerely thank all the members who remain in silence mode and indirectly proved everything is in the safe hands and will be safe in the same old hands.

Nobody wants to have the control of changes that might affect their profession.Let changes change them.

This may be my last posting in this forum and I thank  one and all specifically Mr.Bishnujee and Mr.Mohit Mehta for the opportunity given.

Let God if possible bless all of you! and save you!

Regards,

Good Bye,

T D Suresh Babu

hitesh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In IOV, the elections are always the managment of understanding between the old office bearers. They do not want to accept any new members. After all lot of money is to be exchanged in their hands. Nobody bothers about the future of valuers, they are concerned about their own future. May God give them the chance to open the same body in the heaven, when all of them reach heavenly abode. The greed in their attitude is so much, that they forgot the ethics of the Institute. Our office bearers wants to play with the feelings of all valuers, as if they are the worst politicians of India. You can not come in the office bearers team, until & unless, you take an oath to play the same dirty game along with them. Votes are always managed by them, even if you don't get any vote, you can be in the body, only thing, you must accept their terms. "I kiss his boots on a regular basis,” said one of a new coming office bearer, “It’s amazing how smooth he keeps the leather.”

tdsb

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Hitesh,

To give the finishing touch to the story,Lot of C's have been exchanged between the existing office bearers who stall any election and eliminate entry of any new aspirant. IT IS A ZERO SUM GAME between them ensuring equidistribution of their unethical earnings.

How our members  are going to react to this situation?!?!?!?

Regards,

T D Suresh Babu

bishnujee

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI..........................................................................................................................................

From: Eur Ing Bishnujee Singh [mailto:bishnujee.singh@cayleyaerospace.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 12:08 AM
To: 'indianvaluer@yahoo.com'; 'pkt.iovpresident@gmail.com'; 'sskbhagat97@rediffmail.com'; 'htshah@shahassociates.com'
Cc: 'sbrijshashi@yahoo.co.in'; 'ramaraoinagalla@yahoo.com'; 'pabarijv_nsk@sancharnet.in'; 'iovkolkata@yahoo.co.in'; 'ivabdbr@gmail.com'; 'valuerbalaji@yahoo.co.in'
Subject: Election of IOV 2013-2015

Dear President & Fellow members ,

Sincere compliments of the day.I would request your team to nominate Shri.T D Suresh babu FIV for IOV Council 2013-2015.Mr.Suresh Babu has excellent knowledge of issues,concern and challenges facing the Valuers community within India and it would be misfortune of Valuers community within India not to avail of his valuable services.

I am involved with numerous other Professional Societies and Institutions in various countries and so far we do nominate best of candidates for particular term based on their ability to handle issues and challenges faced by the professionals.

I would be glad if you all learned members take step in right direction which would help in having members with proper vision and knowledge of Valuers community in the council for 2013-2015.

Kind regards

APPROVED VALUER
Fellow RAS(UK),MInstPhys
MSc(UK),BAe,MRAeS(UK)
CAYLEY AEROSPACE INC
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
18830,38th Ave W
Lynnwood,WA,98037
USA
http://www.cayleyaerospace.com

tdsb

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr Bishnujee,

Thank you very much for the faith you have on me. God willing and other members desire my presence I am  here to do my best.

Regards,

T D Suresh Babu

hitesh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IOV do nominate best of candidates for particular term based on their ability to handle issues and challenges faced by the professionals & they are the existing office bearers, which they consider.CA's have totally different thinking, they want that their upcoming generation must have a smooth sailing in future, but IOV want that their members should sail altogether in a turbulent water, so that our valuer community will drown in the sea one day & the then the money will be eaten by them.

bishnujee

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Hitesh,

Best of candidates need to be nominated by members of IOV and not just limited to Office bearers or Chairman.If the practise is that IOV Office bearers need to nominate,then there is something not right with Professional body.As mentioned earlier no Institution is good or bad,its just the people who run it and lack visibility and leadership skills make it look bad.Bring on some of the learned members like Mr.T D Suresh Babu,Mr.Mohit Mehta ,Mr.P Khusu ,Mr.Atul G etc other learned members and you will find same learned Society will have complete different outlook.

Hopefully one day changes will take place and we need to work positively towards bringing changes.

Kind regards

APPROVED VALUER
Fellow RAS(UK),MInstPhys
MSc(UK),BAe,MRAeS(UK)
CAYLEY AEROSPACE INC
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
18830,38th Ave W
Lynnwood,WA,98037
USA

bishnujee

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI................................................................................................................................................

From: Eur Ing Bishnujee Singh [mailto:bishnujee.singh@cayleyaerospace.com]
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2012 1:23 AM
To: 'institution Valuers'; sskbhagat97@rediffmail.com; 'pkt.iovpresident@gmail.com'; 'sskbhagat97@rediffmail.com'; 'htshah@shahassociates.com'
Cc: 'sbrijshashi@yahoo.co.in'; 'ramaraoinagalla@yahoo.com'; 'pabarijv_nsk@sancharnet.in'; 'iovkolkata@yahoo.co.in'; 'ivabdbr@gmail.com'; 'valuerbalaji@yahoo.co.in'
Subject: RE: IOV

Dear Shri SSK Bhagat,

In response to mail submitted by Secretary IOV,I am not sure whether fair system is existing in IOV with regards to nomination and voting of  candidates for Valuers community.I am not sure that attending All India seminar or printing Valuer article in Magazine is the criteria for IOV nomination to Council.What we do understand the Valuer members should be nominated by majority of members whom they consider trustworthy of  guiding Valuers community in India in right direction and not just by existing Office bearers .I am associated with 52 other Professional Bodies across the continents and none of there Secretary has asked us that to be elected to governing Council you need to be present in All India meeting or presenting article in there monthly periodicals.Any candidates would be only elected if they receive maximum voting of members by ballot which should be both postal and electronically in modern era.Raising hands and getting elected is breach of secrecy of voting as many members may not be comfortable in properly exercising their votes.

Its very important that steps are taken in right direction and ensure candidates being nominated to IOV council have qualities to lead such  team.We have noted the qualities and dedication of Mr.T D Suresh Babu in this regard and his continuous effort for growth of Valuers community is exemplary .Please advise where in IOV laws it is written that attending All India seminar and writing article in monthly periodicals is criteria for IOV Council nomination. This is one

of the most hopeless answer I have come across in past decade.

Hope all of you will kindly take steps in right direction and we will have the best of people in IOV Council.We look forward to having strong Valuers Council with right blend of people.

Kind regards

APPROVED VALUER
Fellow RAS(UK),MInstPhys
MSc(UK),BAe,MRAeS(UK)
CAYLEY AEROSPACE INC
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
18830,38th Ave W
Lynnwood,WA,98037
USA
http://www.cayleyaerospace.com
href="http://www.cayleyaerospace.com/">

From: institution Valuers [mailto:indianvaluer@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2012 12:03 AM
To:
bishnujee.singh@cayleyaerospace.com
Subject: IOV

Sh. S. S. K. Bhagat

Reference Email from Sh. Bishnujee Singh regarding nomination of Sh. T. D. Suresh Babu Chennai to the council of the Institution. 

In this connection it is stated that Sh. T. D. Suresh Babu, B. Tech. M.B.A., PDDFA, FIV (L.M.), be came member of this Institution on 08.01.2005 in Cat-Vii. He has not contributed any article for the Indian Valuer. It seems he has not attended any all India Seminar so far.

Submitted please. 

Secretary 

Institution of Valuers

tdsb

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to state that it is wrong on the part of anyone to say that" it seems that he has not attended any seminar". my answer is that I have attended a number of seminars wherein the programs are previously listed and which were useful to me and all conducted by IOV in the past.I am MRICS and  passed Advanced Diploma in Real Estate Valuation conducted by RICS,LONDON and I  have ALSO passed in First class Master of Valuation conducted by an Indian University and the program in which IOV is also involved as per news paper clippings,the proofs of which I can produce.

It is better the IOV super bosses update their knowldge about the members and do not quote "seemingly"

I request Mr. Bishnujee to bring these aspects to them.My best qualification is that " NOT  to improve my status I would like to be there but to improve the self respect and status of honest valuers who were never cared by local super bosses".

Regards,

T D Suresh Babu

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Valuers World Forum Index -> Election of Institution of Valuers Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: