Valuers World

How to avail exemption from GST tax burden?

(HELP?) View previous topic :: View next topic  
djagan1949

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:17 am    Post subject: How to avail exemption from GST tax burden? Reply with quote

Dear Members,

I have been gives a GST number. According to provisions in GST tax exempted upto Rs. 20 lakhs business turnover.  Pondicherry being a small town I am doing business less than Rs. 20.00 lakh limit. I have not collected any tax from clients. But my auditor says since you have a GST number you have to pay tax and file return. This is against Excise dept own rules framed. Anyone having similar experience from our forum may kindly guide. This advise can be of help to so many valuers in our feternity.

Regards

Vr. D. Jagannathan

djagan1949

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject: How to avail exemption from GST tax burden? Reply with quote

Dear Members,

I had one to one discussion with Excise deparment official in GST Seva Kendra. He was kind enough to hear our problem spending time to understand the core issue. Finally he said depatment does not want professionals who do less than Rs. 20 lakh turnover threshold limit in a year to get registered under GST.

Regards

Vr. D. Jagannathan

RAJANPVALUER

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject: GST registration Reply with quote

Those who are billing less than Rs. 20.00 Lakhs annually, GST registration is not mandatory.

However, if you are billing outside your state, GIST registration is to be done since the Tax falls under IGST or else the work will not be awarded in future. In the case of banks, for small valuations, they are crediting the valuation fee from the party's account to the valuers account; if the fee is to be paid from the bank account, they may insist valuers only with GST registration.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: