Valuers World

Carrer in Valuation / Valuer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Valuers World Forum Index -> Questions & Answers
(HELP?) View previous topic :: View next topic  
Poonam

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Carrer in Valuation / Valuer Reply with quote

Dear Sir,

I am Civil engineer with 11+ years of Experience in Construction Industry.

I aim to become a valuation professional i need suggestion and guidence  to reach my goal how should i make way.

amibrahim

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:36 am    Post subject: Valuer Profession and Registration Reply with quote

Dear Valued colleague

I). To register with Central Government  as a ” Registered Valuer”  , effective from July 15, 2017, it was announced by the Central Government  that “Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India” shall be the registration Authority.

Qualification: ……… .Rule (5) (1) (a):  No individual person shall practice as a registered valuer without obtaining a certificate of registration from the registration authority i.e. the: The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India”. That too by passing an examination, save and except an individual has completed fifty (50) years of age and has been substantially involved in at least ten (10) valuation assignment of the assets (Foe valuation of which class of assets she/he is seeking registration) amounting to five crore rupees (. Fifty Million) or more, during the five years preceding the commencement of these rules, she/he shall not be required to pass the valuation examination Rule (5) (1) (a):   ….. 

Rule 6. Qualification and experience. (Rule 6 shal be read with Rule (5)(1)(a).

An individual shall have the following qualifications to be eligible for registration under Rule 5 -

(i) Post-graduate degree, in the specified discipline, from a University Established, recognized or incorporated by law in India and at least three years of experience in the discipline thereafter; or

(ii) a Bachelor’s degree, in the specified discipline, from a university established, recognized or incorporated by law in India and at least five years of experience in the discipline thereafter; or

(iii) Membership of a professional institute set up under an Act of Parliament and at least five years’ experience after such membership.

Explanation: The ‘specified discipline’ referred to in (i) and (ii) shall mean the specific discipline which is relevant for valuation of the class of asset for which the registration is sought and a valuation professional organization recognized under these rules.

Registration Procedures and more details: http://www.valuersworld.com/newsite/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1778II.

Registration with Banks: Last job the author has successfully completed was a Surfaesi valuation in 2010 with a reputed bank. Not competent to comment on the current trend in Bank Valuer Registration, etc.

Last edited by amibrahim on Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:08 am; edited 4 times in total

arunsenthilc.s

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Valuer Profession and Registration Reply with quote

amibrahim wrote:

Dear Valued colleague

I). To register with Central Government  as a ” Registered Valuer”  , effective from July 15, 2017, it was announced by the Central Government  that “Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India” shall be the registration Authority.

Qualification: ……… .Rule (5) (1) (a):  No individual person shall practice as a registered valuer without obtaining a certificate of registration from the registration authority i.e. the: The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India”. That too by passing an examination, save and except an individual has completed fifty (50) years of age and has been substantially involved in at least ten (10) valuation assignment of the assets (Foe valuation of which class of assets she/he is seeking registration) amounting to five crore rupees (. Fifty Million) or more, during the five years preceding the commencement of these rules, she/he shall not be required to pass the valuation examination Rule (5) (1) (a):   …..

Rule 6. Qualification and experience.

An individual shall have the following qualifications to be eligible for registration under Rule 5 -

(i) Post-graduate degree, in the specified discipline, from a University Established, recognized or incorporated by law in India and at least three years of experience in the discipline thereafter; or

(ii) a Bachelor’s degree, in the specified discipline, from a university established, recognized or incorporated by law in India and at least five years of experience in the discipline thereafter; or

(iii) Membership of a professional institute set up under an Act of Parliament and at least five years’ experience after such membership.

Explanation: The ‘specified discipline’ referred to in (i) and (ii) shall mean the specific discipline which is relevant for valuation of the class of asset for which the registration is sought and a valuation professional organization recognized under these rules.

Registration Procedures and more details: http://www.valuersworld.com/newsite/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1778II.

Registration with Banks: Last job the author has successfully completed was a Surfaesi valuation in 2010 with a reputed bank. Not competent to comment on the current trend in Bank Valuer Registration, etc.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Valuers World Forum Index -> Questions & Answers
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: