Valuers World

PVAI CEP IN THANE FOR YEAR 2014

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Valuers World Forum Index -> Practising Valuers Association, India
(HELP?) View previous topic :: View next topic  
ValueAddConsultants

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:37 pm    Post subject: PVAI CEP IN THANE FOR YEAR 2014 Reply with quote

Dear Valuers,

I have attended PVAI CEP IN Hotel Sea & Rock Thane, Mumbai. It was really wondersul. A lady valuer from USA attended conference and given it's case study and paper presentation. It was really good and eye opener for me.

Another Indian lady also from US given her perspective about how valuers should include various risk in construction project being a practicing autorny in US.

Other speakers were also good. Overall such variety of subject in CEP help us to thing and come up with new inovative report. Hence such CEP should be compulosry for every member to attend.

Kindly give you suggestion on how, when and what and where continuos education of valuers needs to be carried out and what regulations should be introduce. Hope this time Mr.TD Suresh babu will not give any comments about Chairman.

Kind Regards,

Mohit Mehta

tdsb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Mohit Mehta,

I am really happy that you have participated in a seminar which as per your view is very worthwhile.

We and particularly I had been very much favour of CEP.

But my questions are:

(1) WHEN THE main clients the Bankers' expectations are very much changing and when there are valuer leaders and his friends who are very much instantaneously adhearing to their unprofessional requirements and have an edge with other valuers in terms revenue earning and name earning etc.,WHAT IS THE USE OF CEP?!?

(2)Whether you will accept such  leaders as your ROLE MODELs and integrate your living and success with them or WASTE YOUR TIME ON CEPS?!?

THE above questions are not MINE but PLACED before me.

Pl. answer this before any body willing to conduct CEPs or attend CEPs like you and me.

regards

T D Suresh Babu

ValueAddConsultants

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="tdsb"]

Dear Mr. Mohit Mehta,

I am really happy that you have participated in a seminar which as per your view is very worthwhile.

We and particularly I had been very much favour of CEP.

But my questions are:

(1) WHEN THE main clients the Bankers' expectations are very much changing and when there are valuer leaders and his friends who are very much instantaneously adhearing to their unprofessional requirements and have an edge with other valuers in terms revenue earning and name earning etc.,WHAT IS THE USE OF CEP?!?

Exactly same things happened in US and US is facing crises. That was the message given to us in CEP by the valuer visited from US.

So you are very much right. However through such CEP only such msg can be passed on to fellow valuers. And fellow valuers may wake up and influence such leader to bring regulation which protect every one.

(2)Whether you will accept such  leaders as your ROLE MODELs and integrate your living and success with them or WASTE YOUR TIME ON CEPS?!?

I do not accept such leaders as my Role Models,having said that i have no option but to continue with them and try to influence their thoghts by convinicing and explaining benifits of bring good practices in profession. In case they agree and try to bring such good changes may be we get success in what we are trying to achive. However if majority valuers does not participate just like what is happening with us than as you correctly interpreted our time and money investment in CEP will not materialised.

THE above questions are not MINE but PLACED before me.

Pl. answer this before any body willing to conduct CEPs or attend CEPs like you and me.

regards

T D Suresh Babu

[/quote]

Dear TD Suresh Babu,

I was expecting your response. Please see my answer as above.

tdsb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mohitji,

I fully understand your concern!

But the reality isTHAT most of the leaders at present as a previlege, use their name of the post to maximize their earnings and that itself is highly unethical followed by calling all other valuers useless openly in front of the Banker clients.

To get the personal benefits they  VERY FOOLISHLY even call these banker clients that too the officers who are either new to the credit department  or RETIRED UNSUCCESSFUL CREDIT OFFICERS and make them talk in front of the professionals and the new entrants and confuse the whole issue.As a result these Banking officers consider and treat the valuers as only STAMPING MACHINES to justify their credit decisions.

FINALLY NOT THE LEAST EVERY LOCAL LEADER STARTS THINKING THAT THEY ARE THE AUTHORITY IN THE SUBJECT OF VALUATION AND START BLABBERING some nonsensical ideas.THE NEW ENTRANTS WHO ARE  more in number recently canvassed ensure these leaders continue in their posts perpetually for  ever till their life time.

THEIR FOOLISH BLABBERINGS by default are forced to be the CEPs during monthly meetings and even in seminars.

IT IS VERY DIFFICULT to change this convenience of these leaders to loose their HOLD on the members!

ALL THE BEST!

Pl.note that I have the previlege of REMOVING the "CHAIRMAN" POST from my writings as I AM HAPPY THAT IT IRRITATED atleast ONE GENTLEMAN LIKE YOU!

Regards

T D Suresh Babu

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Valuers World Forum Index -> Practising Valuers Association, India
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: